Friday 14 June 2013

Thirty Don't Mean Thugly

One of the reasons I started this blog was because I was finding very few that I felt I could really relate to mainly because of my age and economic status. 
So many of these blogs are being written by 20-26 year olds, many of which are fresh out of uni and just starting their professional career or even still studying. Their blogs are very good but not quite relevant to me, a well established mid 30 year old who is very conscious of not wanting to look like mutton dressed as lamb. This being said I feel it's equally as important that just because I am in my mid thirties that I don't fall into the trap of dressing like a grand mother, something I see so many falling into the habit of doing especially after having a family.
It doesn't even need to be a great expense. Dig deep into those wardrobes.  Is there something from a while back that can be revived by a quick purchase from Primark or a high street store special offer.
There are now so many ways to make your wardrobe feel current whilst still maintaining your own personal style.  However this doesn't mean you should be holding onto the dogs in your wardrobe, that's what the charity shops are for.  Be brutally honest with yourself, is there any garment in your clothing repertoire that just isn't suited to your body shape any more or even worse, ever before. if the answer is yes then it's time to get rid.

Here's a few looks I've been rocking this month. I dug deep into my wardrobe to revive a few golden oldies with a few of my newer pieces.

This is how I do cropped tops.
Earings, necklace, cropped T and trainer  - Topshop; Bangles and ring - H&M;Skirt - River Island

Love a bit of flower power legwear.

Jewellery - As before; Jumper, vest and leggings - H&M; Boots - Topshop

Time for a bit of spray on acid wash jean action.

Ear rings, bangles, ring, scarf, belt,  blazer and boots - H&M; Top and jeans - Topshop; Watch - Storm


B xx


No comments:

Post a Comment